Now that I've personally gotten to know Crystal of Plush Palate, it was fun comparing how I thought she'd answer these to how she actually answered them. I was wrong on most accounts (definitely guessed Italy for the vacation scene), but after reading through her answers, it couldn't be more her. So that being said, I'm thrilled to bring to you the next LCY Presents, Crystal of Plush Palate:
1. Who would play you in the movie about your life and why?
If it were based on resemblance alone, I'd say Giada De Laurentiis as people stop me constantly to tell me how much I look like her, which I take it as a huge compliment because I think she's lovely. I've also been told I look like a young Sophia Loren, Minnie Driver, Audrina Patridge, and Carolyn Bessette Kennedy (they couldn't be more different!). But for my movie, I'd like to cast someone whose demeanor and essence I'm drawn to and admire: Cate Blanchett for her marked sophistication and compelling poise.
2. Who would play your love interest and/or best friend in the movie and why?
Perhaps an obvious choice, but Brad Pitt would play the love interest in my movie (the irony that Cate and Brad were love interests in 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' does not escape me). Sure he's got unbelievable good looks, but he's also a man of depth, intelligence, and a charitable heart, all of which I find irresistible to resist.
3. Where does the movie primarily take place and why?
Since I'm one to love winter more than summer, cozy spots more than sprawling spaces, the cute little English cottage in 'The Holiday' would be the perfect backdrop to my movie. Oh the charm and romance of that little place!
4. Where do you go in the vacation scene that inevitably
takes place in every movie?
As a foil to the cozy winter setting in my movie, a hot and sultry vacation scene will definitely be in order. I'm picturing steamy temperatures and hot white sand beaches in Sri Lanka somewhere.
5. The first scene is a shot of your feet walking down a street - what shoes are you wearing and what street are you on?
Black Ralph Lauren stilettos because they're classic, walking down a busy street in London with purpose and presence!
6. What are some key wardrobe pieces you'd insist your character wear?
7. What song plays during the opening credits?
The song playing during the opening credits is undoubtedly John Mayer's 'Edge of Desire.' With beautiful lyrics, it's foreshadowing of a complicated, intense, beautiful love...
8. What section of Netflix will the DVD be filed under: Action and Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Musical, Romance?
Romantic Drama sounds good to me (does this category even exist?)!
9. How big a role does your blog, Plush Palate, play in the movie?
My blog does play a role in the film, but more as a reflective writing tool alla Carrie Bradshaw's writing at the end of each episode in Sex and the City.
10. What is the name of the movie and its tagline?
A name for my movie? Oh my, this is difficult! Help anyone???
Thank you so much, Crystal!! Have a great weekend, everyone!