...the least we could do is remember their day. Of course, I'm talking about Mother's Day. And forget about the generic card you grab last minute at the grocery store, and put those $4 toward something she actually wants. Something that will make her smile. I think the best gifts are the little luxuries people would like to have but would never buy for themselves. New accessories for an otherwise never-changing wardrobe, luxurious bath and body products, something unique, something gold. Here's my quick, fool-proof round-up of gift ideas to get mom this year. Because let's be honest, if anyone deserves it, it's a mom.
1. *family birth stone necklace // Kindred Stones $70 and up
2. hand-dyed throw // Jayson Home and Garden $135
3. python clutch // Lauren Merkin $200
4. **tuberose soy candle // Archipelago $30
5. postcard set // Alicia Bock $8
6. vintage brooch // Aly's Beads and Vintage Jewelry $14
7. **pistachio body crème // Laura Mercier $55
8. white lacquer tray // West Elm $29
* The Kindred Stones necklace allows you to choose different gemstones to coincide with the birth stones of your family members. Unique, beautiful, and sentimental, it's perfect for mothers everywhere.
** I have both of these products and cannot emphasize how fantastic they are. The clean-burning Archipelago candle leaves a refreshing, spring scent throughout my apartment long after I've blown it out, essential considering I live with two dogs. And the lotion has transformed my skin to baby-like buttery softness. Not to mention it too smells fantastic.