Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Hey world! (Or maybe I should just say "Hey, Mom!" since, let's be honest, she's probably the only one left checking in over here.) Things are busy as always! Busy but great! This month a bit more so...
I went to California for a few days a week or so ago and came home to a letter from my property management that my rent is going up at the end of the lease. It will be more than I can or want to pay so I decided to move! And it's much easier to find apartments in the off-season (NOT summer, July, when my lease is actually up), so I've decided to move out early.
So this month I am:
- traveling for work to NYC
- showing my apartment to try and get it subleased for May and June
- doing media outreach in preparation for the launch of decorBase.com (next week!)
- writing, memorizing, and giving a keynote to the communications school at Illinois State
- finishing up styling projects and making a few changes around this apartment (bar area, "office," kitchen shelves, art in bedroom)
- shooting my home tour w/ the Stoffers (also next week!)
- immediately after that I am packing up said apartment and moving
- and the usual meetings and work for TEG while trying to maintain healthy relationships outside of work
- oh and my niece will be born sometime between now and the first week of May so a trip up to Michigan is in order
I had a wee little-stress-fest last night quickly quelled by a big bowl of mom's homemade chili and a 9:45 pm bedtime. Up at 6 am to conquer the day! (Yes, I need as much sleep as a toddler.)
What's new with ya'll? Anything exciting happen in my absence?